Blue League Ski
Your skiing career is still in the early stages and you have great ambitions.
You learn how to ski down simple slopes in the plough position and also how to do parallel skiing. There is no shortage of fun and enjoyment in the snow either.
Level Blue Prince/Princess Ski
- Climbing uphill by side stepping and herringbone (scissor) stepping
- Gliding and braking with the snow plough
- Skiing with skis parallel with steps and tricks
- Turning snow plough turns (wedge turns)
Level Blue King/Queen Ski
- Safe use of lifts
- Traversing and tricks
- Skiing with skis parallel over easy bumps and jumps
- Snow plough turns (wedge christie) on an easy blue slope
Level Blue Star Ski
- Behaviour on the slopes (FIS rules)
- Turning in a miniature slalom jungle and in a set course
- Skiing over bumps and dips
- Skiing backwards (switch) with skis in a V shape with change of direction
- Snow plough turns (wedge christie) on a versatile blue run
This is how the SSLE works
Your progress is entered in the Snow League Booklet. To successfully complete a level, you need to have mastered all four forms of this level ...
... and you are then awarded the medal.
Where there is an SSLE
Swiss Snow League & Swiss Snow Academy